So here we are. The eve of the final issue (what seems like YEARS in the making/waiting) of Forever Evil. And though the ending is going to probably cause some ripples (some of which have already been felt in various DC Comics), one thing is for sure: the pre-Flashpoint DCU is not returning just quite yet. But it’s not all bad. In fact, there’s quite a bit of good that has come with the line-wide “reboot” of sorts. Here are my top ten observations of the positive things that have come out of the New 52.
1. First Ever DC “House Style”
2. Cream of the Crop Creators
3. High Percentage of Batman Titles
4. Less Characters to Keep Track Of
5. New-Reader Friendly
6. Brought Back Lapsed Fans
7. Vertigo Characters are Now Mainstream
8. Magic is Back Full Force
9. Origins Have Been Modernized, But Not Compromised
10. Editors are Finally Back in Charge
Some of these might make it on your list of the “bad” aspects of the New 52, but I think they’re all huge improvements over the old DC. Thoughts? I’d love to hear them. Sound off in the comments section below!