So you have always wanted to work in comics, but just never knew how to get started? Well now is your chance. That is, if you live in New York City (or within commuter distance) and are a motivated and talented college student (including graduate students).
Valiant Entertainment, who will be relaunching the Valiant line of comics next year, is looking for a few good interns. Interns are an indispensable part of the comics industry. They handle many tasks around the office in support the of editorial and marketing staff, freeing the staff members to concentrate on the business of making and promoting comics centering on characters like X-O Manowar, Eternal Warrior, and Shadowman.
Internships are done in association with your degree program and are not paid positions. Rather, interns will receive college credit for their hard work helping folks like Fred Pierce and Dinesh Shamdasani, Valiant’s Publisher and Chief Creative Officer respectively. Of course, Valiant has very specific criteria for what they are looking for in potential interns. Most importantly, you have to be a college student. Before applying, please be aware of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as a undergraduate or graduate student, and able to receive credit for interning at Valiant Entertainment
- Able to work at least two days a week out of Valiant’s Manhattan headquarters
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Excellent grammar and writing abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator a plus
- Love of comics and pop culture
- Friendly, outgoing and able to work in a collaborative atmosphere
- Applicants should send cover letters and resumes to [email protected]
- Due to volume, we may not be able to respond to each application individually. But if we think you might be a good fit, we’ll reach out to you and arrange a time to speak!
So if you think you have what it takes to be a comics intern, get your resume in to Valiant right away!