Fear Itself: The Fearless will be a 12-issue event that spans the entire Marvel Universe. In it, Marvel promises us 7 things in particular:
1. The fate of the Asgardian hammers seen in Fear Itself – REVEALED!
2. A thrilling, yet desperate search for power across all the hidden corners of the Marvel Universe.
3. Valkyrie becomes the Marvel Universe’s most wanted fugitive, hunted by all the world’s super heroes.
4. Regaining her memories, Sin has the knowledge to activate the Serpent Doomsday Device.
5. Guest stars Galore: Avengers, Secret Avengers, the X-Men, Namor, the FF, Luke Cage and the Thunderbolts.
6. Fallen Son Rematch: Wolverine vs. Crossbones Round Two!
7. No hero leaves unscathed, including dramatic changes for Valkyrie as a result!
Marvel has put forth a heavy list of promises for Fear Itself: The Fearless, but, if there’s any company that can follow up on this, it’s them. Though I’ve never been a fan of Valkyrie, I am really interested in seeing what they have in store for her. (I would be willing to put money on the fact that it has to do with Thor, as I’m still convinced that something major happens to him.)
And I’m sure we can all be certain that Fear Itself: The Fearless will become a springboard to Marvel’s next event, similar to the way Secret Invasion just naturally led into Dark Reign. At this point, that’s not a complaint. But, given the promise of Sin having “the Serpent Doomsday Device”… Well, that sounds rather menacing to me.
I’ve been pretty stoked about the finale of Fear Itself for a couple of months now, so I’d be interested in seeing what Marvel has in store as a denouement. The variant covers are pretty awesome, too, lining up some amazing artists like Salvador Larocca, Mike Deodato, and Ryan Stegman.
Though it may seem like Marvel is going a little heavy with the events, giving readers one after the other for quite some time now, at least they continue to put out good, solid events. Marvel never comes up short on stories, which is what I like.