- First Appearance: Iron Man (vol. 1) #281
This suit was created initially by Stark to deal with the Masters of Silence threat; a later version, JRXL-1000, was designed and built for, and worn for a while by James Rhodes. It was designed for all-out warfare, and was also known as the “Variable Threat Response Battle Suit.” It was not collapsible, and included far heavier carbon-composite-based armor as well as improved tactical computer systems and automatic targeting. Since the Masters of Silence were protected against Iron Man’s usual weaponry (Repulsors and Unibeam), those weapons were removed from the first version of the armor. In both iterations, the shoulder mounted weapons are modular and can be removed and replaced. In the first version, both the double-barreled cannon and the laser blade were fixed (the flamethrower was built over the laser blade casing). In the Rhodes model, the wrist weapons became modular too.
Related articles by Zemanta
- ‘Iron Man 2′ Special: Our Favorite Specialty Armor From Tony Stark’s Workshop (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Guy Makes His Own Iron Man 2 War Suit – It’s Amazing (atomiurl.com)
- The New ‘Iron Man 2′ Trailer’s 10 Most Important Scenes (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Iron Man 2 Character Posters & More! (screenrant.com)
- [DVD Review] Iron Man: The Complete 1994 Animated Television Series (writer.fitzhome.com)