Heroes of Magic: ComicBooked.com Return to Ravnica Contest!
After some consideration, we have decided to bring back a classic contest from previous sets and offer players an opportunity to get their hands on boosters of Return to Ravnica.
What do I have to do?
Easy! All you have to do is Make a Magic: The Gathering card with a NEW character from an existing plane within the Multiverse AND it must be either a Legendary Creature or Planeswalker. Draw it, use a generator, or a photo-editing program. We don’t care how you do it, but the more creative the better! In order to qualify, all you have to do is send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org AND reply to this post with a comment that links to your card.
Here are a few generators to get you started.
Must be installed, but overall better quality:
Magic Set Editor
Can be used right from your internet browser, although pretty basic:
Is there a catch?
None, but there are a few rules:
1. The entry can’t be a variant of a prexisting creature/planeswalker; it must be an original work (you can however use pre-existing artwork).
2. When you submit your card, you must include the plane/card set it is based on and how the character ties into that block (i.e. Planeswalker spark).
3. Only one entry per person. For an entry to be considered complete, the card must have all of the components of a typical Magic card, including flavor text.
4. If you’re a Comic Booked contributor, or a friend, family member, room mate, or pet of one you are unfortunately ineligible for this contest.
5. You must live in the United States in order to participate. Again, sorry.
What do we get!?
Your entry will be judged by the Gaming division of Comic Booked and the winner will receive one fat pack for the Return to Ravnica set.
How long do I have?
You will have until the day Return to Ravnica is officially released. The contest will close at 5PM Eastern time on October 5th, 2012. Entries will be judged and a winner will be chosen within 2 weeks of that date.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to send them to email@example.com. Get creating!