Are you proud to show your love of comics, unleash your inner comic book geek by wearing t-shirts, or dress as your favorite super hero or villain? Are you the type of “Comic Book Diva” that can talk about a comic book story from beginning to end? Would you rather spend hours at a comic book convention than stay at a four star hotel and eat at a exquisite restaurant ? If you said “Yes” to one or more of these questions then you are the woman we are looking for because you are a “Comic Book Diva” and this is the contest for you!
To enter you just need to write a 300 word essay on “Why I am A Comic Book Diva”; the essay can include what made you start reading comics, why you enjoy comics, who is your favorite comic book character and why, how comics have made an impact in your life, and even why you dress like a comic book character. We want to know what makes you a “Comic Book Diva” and why!
The 300 word essay will be judged on content and originality, structure, and of course it must express your love of comic books and everything that you enjoy about the comic book world; the page count does not include punctuation, symbols or numbers, and should not contain duplicate words or phrases. (Example: I love comics very, very,very much.)
- Essay must be 300 words (Not including punctuation, symbols, numbers, or duplicate words or wording)
- Spelling will be a factor in judging.
- Essay must be original and not have been used before, nor should be duplicated from other websites.
- Must be 17 years old or older.
- One Essay or entry per person; multiple essays will not be accepted.
- Must provide photo for website. (You may send picture dressed as comic book character.)
- Essays must arrive by November 1st at 12:00 midnight CST.
First Place Winner:
- 1 Free pass to the Comikaze Expo November 5th – November 6th (Ticket will be at Will Call; you must show proof of ID, transportation and lodging is not provided.)
- A prize bag containing Comic Book Divas titles including the Comikaze Expo Variant Covers plus comics from other publishers and much more.
- A Comic Book Divas T-shirt provided by Fast Custom Shirts.
- Essay will be published on the Comic Book Divas website and in a future Comic Book Divas comic book.
- Winner will make a cameo in upcoming “SQUIRREL” comic book.
- Photo Taken with Horror Hostess “Miss Misery” and actress Devanny Pinn.
(Comic Book Divas gift bag may be picked up at the Comic Book Divas Booth.)
- Essay will be published on the Comic Book Divas website.
- A Comic Book Divas T-Shirt provided by Fast Custom Shirts.
- A copy of a Comic Book Divas comic book title.
(Runner up will have items mailed to them.)
Comikaze is unlike any other comic-related event in the US. Having spent much time researching both local and national conventions in the United States, the Comikaze team crafted an event that will thrill and excite even the most casual comic fan. Comikaze is a multi-tiered extravaganza created by real comic fans with deep ties to the entertainment world. While Comikaze might have a classic convention vibe, it’s much more than that. The Comikaze Team did not want to make an event for industry people and hardcore fans only. Instead, they designed a more balanced event as an alternative to the standard fan convention, dedicated to the Los Angeles and geek community above all else.
This year at the first Comikaze Expo, not only can you expect to see a large variety of comic book dealers, and other vendors, but you can also expect to see some great guests from all over comics, movies, horror, and other media; including the godfather of comics and father of Marvel Comics, Stan “The Man” Lee, and be sure to meet “Elvira Mistress Of The Dark” as she makes her last appearance and many more!
Comic Book Divas and Comikaze Expo wish the best of luck to all the contestants; now is the time to stand up and say “I AM A COMIC BOOK DIVA!”
Please send all essay entries to firstname.lastname@example.org; deadline will be November 1st 12:00 midnight CST.
November 5th-November 6th 2011
LA Convention Center