If you’re an avid reader of Comic Booked, then there’s a good chance that you’re one of the countless fans who have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Batman: Arkham City, the sequel to 2009’s critically-adored Batman: Arkham Asylum. Developer Rocksteady Studios has been hard at work on the sequel, due out October 18th, for the last two years. Details about the game have slowly been leaking out about the game in the past few months, but today, Warners Bros. game division finally announced just what gamers can expect to find inside Arkham City’s Collector’s Edition bundle.
For $99.99, Batman enthusiasts will receive the following goodies:
- A Batman statue, designed by the artsits at Kotobukiya
- An art book (Which is pretty much a given in collector’s editions these days.)
- Access to the “Iceberg Lounge Challenge Map”
- A skin to customize your Batman. The Collector’s Edition skin is based on Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns.
- A voucher for a digital download of the Batman: Arkham City album (a similar bonus was included with the Mortal Kombat Collector’s Edition, also from Warner Bros.)
This bundle is sure to be available in limited qualities, so (speaking as someone who used to work in video game retail) trust me when I tell you to pre-order this as soon as possible if you really want it. If you just can’t wait until October 18th, then check out all of Comic Booked’s awesome coverage on this upcoming game: playable Robin, E3 demos, how the hype for Arkham City is stacking up against the rest of the fall line-up, and a detailed look at some of the game’s new features. You can bet that everyone on staff is going crazy waiting for this title. Once it releases, we’ll have a review up of the game, as soon as the writers finish rochamboing for dibs, of course.