Now that I’m caught up on Blackest Night, Brightest Day has arrived. The doors to the DC Universe have been opened to me, and I am completely fascinated with the many Rings, and how much Green Lantern kicks major ass.
“Once dead, twelve heroes and villains were resurrected by a white light expelled from deep within the center of the Earth. The reason behind their rebirth remain a mystery. But it will not be a mystery for long. This is the Brightest Day. “
The resurrection…good and bad. The White Light and it’s mystery. The DC Team delivers a powerful punch with cross-overs and variant covers galore. We start our journey with Brightest Day #0.
Carpe Diem indeed for Deadman. The story takes off immediately. Aquaman, Flash, Hawkman and Hawkgirl…the pages turn and it appears things aren’t too bright after all. A darkness and mystery certainly looms, the mystery of the white light. Star City shot is classic, and Sinestro finishes things up.
They’ve Been Resurrected-For a Reason!
Brightest Day, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Flash…the list of titles is a bit overwhelming. I am excited about the story, Geoff Johns and this Brightest Day run. However, I’m not too sure my wallet is going to agree with this behemoth!
Stay tuned! Flash #1, Brightest Day #1, Titans: Villains for Hire #1 (Who’s Hired Deathstroke to Find Black Adam?)…..and many more to follow.
Brightest Day Checklist soon too.
Related articles by Zemanta
- DC’s Blackest Night Gives Way to Brightest Day (wired.com)
- Aicn Comics Reviews: Brightest Day! Kill Shakespeare! Irredeemable! Hotwire! & Much More! (aintitcool.com)
- The Greatest Geoff Johns Stories Ever Told! (goodcomics.comicbookresources.com)
- Blackest Night #8 (popsyndicate.com)
- Geoff Johns Describes His ‘Green Lantern’ Set Visit (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Let Blackest Night Truly be the End (manolith.com)